Restoration of Indigenous Biodiversity on Coastal Backdunes, 2011 – 2014
Over the past three years the Dunes Trust has worked in partnership with the Ministry for the Environment, Coast Care groups, iwi, DOC and Councils around the country to research best practice methods for long term backdune restoration.
The following articles highlight key outcomes of this project. We would like to thank all the individuals and organisations we have worked with us and helped resource this project. In particular, we acknowledge the Ministry for the Environment CEF Team for partnering with us and investing in the long term future of New Zealands coastal sand dunes.
Articles can be found here in the Dunes Trust Coastal Restoration Handbook.
Read updates in our project newsletters:
- Newsletter, Year 3, March-June 2014
- Newsletter, Year 3, No 1 July - October 2013
- Newsletter, Year 2, No.4 March-April, 2013 [609kB]
- Newsletter, Year 2, No.3 January to February, 2013 [480kB]
- Newsletter, Year 2, No.2 September-October, 2012 [574kB]
- Newsletter, Year 2, No. 1 July-August, 2012 [760kB]
- Dunes Trust Newsletter Winter 2012 - CEF project updates [1770 kB]
- Newsletter 4, January-April, 2012 [437 kB]
- Newsletter 3, November-December, 2012 [503 kB]
- Newsletter 2, September-October 2011 [528 kB]
- Newsletter 1, July-August 2011 [354 kB]
We thank the following partner organisations for their funding and ongoing involvement in this three year project.